Rearranged space; changed vibe


Well, you have to start somewhere, so let's start with recent upgrades and transformations I've made to my home.  

After being inspired by some interior design videos, I recently redesigned my living room after being happy with how it was arranged for 13 years, but suddenly feeling the need for a change.  The new layout is wonderful, and I wish I had done it sooner!  Now, there is more balance with the sofa and loveseat facing each other, and more room to enter and exit the room.  Before, when entering, people had to skirt around the loveseat or recliner, depending upon which door they entered from. Now, the paths are clear and wide. The room looks slightly larger than it did before, and much more streamlined and sophisticated, although there is still more to be done.

I worked only with what I already had and rearranged furniture and artwork. The loveseat and fireplace traded places, and my short bookshelf traded places with a tall one I had in another room to add visual height to the living room. 

Other improvements I recently made were to buy a new hallway runner rug, replacing two old, narrower shag rugs that I've had for years.  The nasty looking toilet brush in the bathroom was replaced with a nice new one.  Same with the brush in the kitchen sink. Liquid hand soap was transferred to a pretty glass pump bottle on the kitchen sink (I've already been putting dish soap in a pretty bottle for years). I sorted cookbooks and recipes and got rid of ones that I never use and never will use. I replaced old, dusty lavender in the bathroom vase with fresh lavender from a local farm. Spices were sorted, and the ones I kept were organized on a new spice rack in my cupboard with different levels so the bottles are easier to see.  Small improvements and upgrades make a pleasant difference in your daily living.  Take a look around to see what you might want to rearrange or replace. :) 




3 AFTER photos











2 BEFORE photos


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!